Archives: [f] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [news / qst] [trash] Boards: [meta]
/b/stats 2.0: beta edition
since 27 Jan 2013
Please send questions/comments/spam/death threats/love letters to webmaster (at) b-stats.org
All times EST/EDT
Active development is on GitHub

Thread #244971
View on 4chan

Replies 25 (25)
Image Replies 0 (-1)
Lifetime 1d 23h 16m 2s
Deleted Posts 0
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/geoffrey-berman-trump_us_5acc09dce4b0337ad1eb041c?utm_campaign=hp_fb_pages&utm_source=politics_fb&utm_medium=facebook&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000013&section=politics

>Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein personally gave the green light for the FBI to raid the hotel room and office of President Donald Trump’s longtime lawyer Michael Cohen on Monday, The New York Times first reported.

>Rosenstein oversees special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russia’s role in the 2016 election. The Cohen raid came, in part, from a referral from Mueller’s team.

>The raid was executed by the office of the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York. The man running that office, interim U.S. attorney Geoffrey Berman, is a Trump appointee whom the president personally met with when he was up for the job. Berman also donated $5,400 to Trump’s presidential campaign.

>ABC News reported Tuesday that Berman, however, has been recused from the Cohen matter.

>A spokesman for the U.S. attorney’s office would not comment on Berman’s role or whether there was an investigation into Cohen at all.

>Trump was clearly furious about the news that the FBI had raided Cohen’s office and hotel room.

>“I just heard that they broke into the office of one of my personal attorneys ― a good man. And it’s a disgraceful situation. It’s a total witch hunt. I’ve been saying it for a long time,” Trump told reporters at the White House on Monday evening.

>Although Trump has repeatedly declared that he subject to a partisan “witch hunt,” Rosenstein is a Republican. (Trump, inaccurately, has claimed he is a “Democrat from Baltimore” and has considered firing him.) Mueller and Christopher Wray, the head of the FBI, are also Republicans.
>>
>The root of Trump’s frustration lies with Attorney General Jeff Sessions. Trump expected Sessions to protect him, and he has never forgiven him for recusing himself from all matters related to Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election. That decision left Rosenstein ― a man who is harder for Trump to control ― in charge of the investigation.

>It’s not easy to search a practicing lawyer’s office. As The Washington Post reported, “To serve a search warrant on a practicing attorney, federal prosecutors are required to obtain approval from top Justice Department officials.”

>The Washington Post reported Monday that Cohen is under federal investigation for possible bank fraud, wire fraud and campaign finance violations. The FBI was looking for documents about payments to two women who say they had affairs with Trump, according to The New York Times.

>Karen McDougal, a former Playboy model, said she was paid $150,000 in 2016 by the parent company of the National Enquirer not to discuss the situation. That company is run by a longtime Trump friend.

>Cohen has acknowledged paying adult film star Stormy Daniels $130,000 shortly before the election. Daniels has said the money was to keep her from talking about the sexual relationship she claims she had with Trump in 2006. The president has said he knew nothing about the payment.

>Berman has served as interim U.S. attorney since January. Trump fired the previous U.S. attorney in Manhattan, Preet Bharara, just three months into his presidency. Bharara rejected Trump’s overtures to establish a direct line of communication, and he told the White House he did not find the contact appropriate. Less than a day later, Trump fired him.

>Bharara said that he has confidence that if his old office is handling the investigation into Cohen, it won’t be the partisan hit job the president is trying to claim it is.
>>
>“If the reporting is true, particularly the part about this being approved by the Southern District of New York Attorney’s Office, which I used to lead, are all people who are Republican, and all people who have basically been handpicked by Donald Trump,” Bharara said.
>>
>>244971
Can you prove those people are Republicans?
>>
>>244971
>(((Rosenstein)))
Shocking.
>>
>>244985
I love how the right’s entire defense is playing the victim card and accusing people of partisanship. I thought you guys were the party of self-determination haha
>>
>>244985
Can you prove Dotard appointed the person who authorized the raid of Cohen's shithole?
>>
>>244995
And just because they're partisan hacks doesn't necessarily mean they're wrong
>>
>>245021
and just because someone prosecutes a republican doesn't mean they're a partisan hack.
>>
Reminder that Rosenstein is not just a Republican, he's also a Trump appointee.
>>
((Rosenstein))
>>
I cant wait for the FBI to finally uncover Hillary's deleted emails
>>
>>244971
That bastard should've been fired for his betrayal, along with Jeff Session.
>>
>>244995
>i thought you guys
Stop. I'm a centrist and a skeptic. Im just asking for proof that these guys are indeed Republicans
>>
>>245150
>>244985
By their Wikipedia pages they are registered republicans.

To be fair I don't know where Wikipedia got that information but it's not restricted so logically you could just call up the office of the Republican party and ask as who's registered.
>>
>>245150
If you're a "skeptic" with the internet maybe you should look up answers to basic factual questions yourself. Unless you're so skeptical that you can't dress yourself in the morning.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=is+rod+rosenstein+a+republican%3F
>>
>>245178
you're a good chap
>>
Can't wait for this bastard to get fired tomorrow.

I also can't wait to see the left lose their shit.

PS, you block a street i'm driving on and i'll just run you over.
>>
>>244995
Well this entire investigation has been a partisan slug fest because one side couldn't accept the elections results.
>>
>>245016
Thats President Donald J Trump to you.
>>
>>245178
In trying to have a debate here buddy. What's the point in a comment section if instead you get "le Google it" retards? Why don't you Google suicide and fucking do it
>>
>>245367
>I want to be spoonfed what to think

Centrism is just another word for intellectual nihilism. You, like many other self-described centrists, aren't a centrist at all. You're a pathological contrarian who argues for its own sake, rather than to educate and be educated. You have all of the information you need at your fingertips. You can find data on every single discussion ever had on the face of the entire fucking planet. You can see what the right thinks. You can see what the left thinks. You can see what third parties think. You can form your own sound opinion based on what those with conviction argue, and what do you do instead? You can't even be arsed to do your own rudimentary research to at least be taken seriously in a discussion. Fuck you. Centrists desperately need the bullet.
>>
>>245369
Calm down pal. I wasn't trying to be spenfood. The info was irrelevent. I was just trying to start an argument about...
Something! Anything. You just had to go and get your pantys in a twist about a delusion you had about me. Maybe you should stay off the Internet pal.
>>
>>245375
>You're a pathological contrarian who argues for its own sake, rather than to educate and be educated.

>I was just trying to start an argument about...
Something! Anything.

>You just had to go and get your pantys in a twist about a delusion you had about me.

Nah, sounds like I was pretty spot on. Le ebig fedora tip your way, my le big brained centrist friend. Can't wait to start lining you worthless retards up against the wall.
>>
>>245376
>Can't wait to start lining you worthless retards up against the wall.
Any minute now.
>>
You know why Paul Ryan (and most of the GOP leadership) refuses to let the House consider legislation to protect Mueller, Rosenstein, and Sessions from being fired? Even though Ryan and other leaders are retiring and don't have to answer to the base anymore?

They WANT Trump to flip and fire any of the above, because that's the only way they can impeach or 25A him while saving face as a party, since they all drew a line in the sand a year ago that the GOP leadership would impeach if he fired any of them -- and they can tell the Trump base that they made a public promise by the law that they kept.

On the other hand, if Mueller comes back with a recommendation to impeach or indict, and Trump and the RNC continues to scream Fake News, the Congressional GOP is stuck in a Catch-22 of standing by the President and Party (and Republicans are fucking crazy about Party Loyalty).

page took 0.0049 seconds to execute