Archives: [f] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [news / qst] [trash] Boards: [meta]
/b/stats 2.0: beta edition
since 27 Jan 2013
Please send questions/comments/spam/death threats/love letters to webmaster (at) b-stats.org
All times EST/EDT
Active development is on GitHub

Thread #244292
View on 4chan

Replies 28 (28)
Image Replies 0 (0)
Lifetime 8d 10h 46m 49s
Deleted Posts 0
631c773ffc85701a0414791181fd264d.png (701 KB, 756x574, 1523277045070.pngiqdb google reposts full
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/two-thirds-child-refugees-arriving-britain-adults-report-reveals-093845651.html

A startling new report has found that nearly two-thirds of refugees claiming to be children who arrived in the UK were in fact over 18.

Some 65% of asylum seekers who were assessed after claiming to be children were judged to be adults, according to the report by immigration watchdog David Bolt.

The Home Office received 2,952 asylum applications from unaccompanied children in the year up to June 2017.

Officials believed applicant were lying about their age in 705 of those cases, with 402 (65%) found to be adults.

There have been 12,942 disputes over the ages of child asylum seekers since 2006, according to Home Office figures.

Nearly 6,000 of those disputes found the asylum seeker to be over 18 in this period.

A Home Office spokesman said: ‘After consultation with stakeholders we published revised guidance on age assessments and we have committed to produce more child-friendly information in a range of languages to help children better understand the asylum system.’
>>
Cut them in half and count the rings. Only way to be sure.
>>
>>244292
>startling
>>
'startling report' it says. Fucking really? We are DOOMED.
>>
>>244292
I remember how the European press and EU politicians were branding this kind of talk as nothing more than uninformed racism. No wonder the nationalist factions are gaining ground every election hense.
>>
>>244292
>2,952 asylum applications from unaccompanied children
>705 of those lying about their age
>402 found to be adults.

>nearly two-thirds of refugees claiming to be children who arrived in the UK were in fact over 18.

No wonder you are accused of being uninformed.
>>
>>244334
And yet so much higher a number than "it's not happening at all you racist shit!"
>>
>>244342
And now you're building a straw man, misrepresenting your opponents to defend your side's inaccurate claims.

That's why nationalist factions could only take power from uneducated poles and Hungarians.
>>
>>244343
How am I strawmanning when Europeans were told only racists thought a completely open border policy was thunderously naive? Sounds like you're playing revisionist.
>>
>>244334
>Grant a fast track for children
>Fuckload of men claim to be children
Expect the number to increase to 65%, thats just those assessed so far. Considering the assessments were already ~50% this should be unsurprising.
>>
>>244346
You're strawmanning because no influent person or organisation said that all refugees claiming to be children were children, or defended "completely open border" and called racists all opponents to this non-existent policy.

>>244347
The reason why these people in particular were assessed is most likely because they didn't appear to match their age. Among the rest the percentage can only be expected to be much lower.
>>
>>244351
But you're wrong, people were absolutely called racist by both pro-EU politicians and by publications for voicing those same possibilities. That's why people got so up in arms in the first place.
>>
>>244358
Give me quotes or sources or at least names.
>>
>>244366
https://www.ft.com/content/23e02b76-7074-11e7-93ff-99f383b09ff9

I wish the study they reference was in English, I'd very much like to read it. Even so, the phenomenon was pretty hard to miss, dunno how you did.
>>
>>244374
Can't access that. Anything else ?

I suspect we saw the same things but you overinterpretated them.
I accuse you of exaggerating and overstating what happened.

There was a large support among journalists and politicians for a certain tolerance towards refugees, especially in Germany and Sweden. But very few of them defended actually completely open borders (even Merkel when she temporarily stopped the controls at the border didn't accept all everyone without distinction) or accused people advocating harsher selection of racism, and those who did belonged to marginal organisations.

In my country, the nationalist party and it's leaders are only ever called populist. And the traditional right also freely calls for restrictions to immigration.
>>
>>244393
>I accuse you of exaggerating and overstating what happened.
I accuse you of understating and willfully ignoring it.
>>
402 of 2952 isn't 65%. It's 13.6%.

Beyond that these are pulled from cases where the home office suspects that the applicant is lying - which means that if they are lying they face consequences. The government doesn't just throw it's hands up and go "oh well".
>>
>>244295
fippybippy
>>
>>244405

It doesn't say 65% of those who entered. It says 2/3rds of those who LIED ABOUT THEIR AGE.
>>
>>244461
Read again the title of this thread and the first sentence of OP.
>>
>>244292
Wow you mean the photos of the men who look like they just shaved a full-on beard weren't actually 12 years old?
>>
Cut off their cocks and send the liars back to whatever shitistan they came from
>>
>>244292
>12,942 disputes over the ages of child asylum seekers
>disputes
Either whoever wrote this is literally retarded or they literally only looked at cases where someone said the person was over 18 and half of the time that person was correct.
That's like saying that if 50% of people who got pulled over for speeding were in fact speeding must mean that 50% of people in general speed.
>>
>>244332
Are they? I hope so.
>>
>>244351
There were though
>>
>>244292
Well no shit. But at this point those who make excuses for these invaders have made it clear it doesn't matter who they are or from where. They are open now about their open borders.
>>
>>245946
Pretty much in every elections they have doubled their vote or won outright.

The most important election was Italy and they soundly won that.
>>
>>244351
>You're strawmanning because no influent person or organisation said that all refugees claiming to be children were children, or defended "completely open border" and called racists all opponents to this non-existent policy.
Totally false.
>>
>>244343
>>>244342 @ >>244342 : "...nationalists could only take power from uneducatd Poles & Hungarians"
Trump's a nationalist; you think Americans are as "uneducated" as Poles & H's ?
Ima newly minted American nationalist,
changing my beliefs from Democratic Party regular bc of the immigration crisis:

MASSES of 3rd & 4th world immigrants many or most, illegal aliens, are fast dragging down 1st world living standards.

In the US, build Trumps Wall, and deport illegal aliens,

KAFW : Keep America First World !

page took 0.0089 seconds to execute