Archives: [f] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [news / qst] [trash] Boards: [meta]
/b/stats 2.0: beta edition
since 27 Jan 2013
Please send questions/comments/spam/death threats/love letters to webmaster (at) b-stats.org
All times EST/EDT
Active development is on GitHub

Thread #244065
View on 4chan

Replies 37 (37)
Image Replies 0 (0)
Lifetime 8d 4h 11m 8s
Deleted Posts 0
spider-man.jpg (140 KB, 1024x683, 1523188411499.jpgiqdb google reposts full
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/toddler-two-year-old-spiderman-shoes-boys-only-tears-crying-target-virginia-a8294546.html

Sharing her story on Twitter, her father Qasim Rachid explained how upset she had been upon the discovery and expressed his own dismay over the situation.

The father of three said she broke down at a branch of the shop in Virginia.

His two youngest started arguing when his daughter became envious of her older brother’s Spider-Man shoes, he said.

“Hey @Target I bought my four-year-old son Spider-Man shoes and now my two-year-old daughter wants Spider-Man shoes too,” Mr Rashid, an author and attorney, wrote on Twitter. “But you don’t sell Spider-Man shoes that fit two-year-old girls. Even when I search for them - boys shoes are the only result. She’s crying now. It’s heartbreaking.”

There are currently four different kinds of Spider-Man shoes available on the Target website.

However, all four variations are described as “boys” shoes.
>>
This is just the kind of hard-hitting analysis we subsidize journalism degrees for.
>>
>>244065
Go cry to the Chinese sweat shop that made them and ask for a smaller size. There is no boy or girl size just kids, there just isn't one small enough for the future entitled shit.
>>
Soy boy problems.
>>
>>244065
man this is some real important news.
im so glad that when i got on /news/ today this was the first new article i saw on the front page.
i mean, this is yuuuge, all of the "drumpf impeachment" pale in comparison.
please anon, post more of these ultra high quality articles with world changing information before you kill yourself
>>
>>244065
>qasim rachid
Don't worry, nobody would have been able to see your shoes underneath your burka anyway
>>
>>244066
>girl doesn't get shoes
>cries about
I'd say talking about the obvious is exactly what journalist are paid for
>>
>>244065
>>244065
>buy smaller size boy shoes
>or
>complain on the internet
>"complain on the internet for $400 Alex"
>>
>>244065
I have a 2 year old girl.
2 year old girls and boys don't have different shoe sizes. And the only thing they are "distraught" by is everything because they have enough communication skills to tell you what they don't want but not enough to tell you what they do want creating the tantrum cycle of screaming in frustration at not being able to communicate well. The only person who is distraught is the parents making fake news.
>>
>>244065
>Younger sibling whining that they want what the older sibling has
>2 yrs old
Why the fuck is the parent going through this shit? Give it a week or two and she'll completely forget, because there will be something else the older sibling has that she will want. Just tell that she can have a pair when she is older (and her feet can fit the shoes).
>>
>Qasim Rachid

It's almost as if letting non whites into the country was a bad idea
>>
>>244065

It's 2018, wear fucking boy shoes... geezus fucking christ... KIDS ARE GETTING FUCKING GASSED IN SYRIA AND THIS PRICKS DAUGHTER CAN'T WEAR 'BOY' SHOES...
>>
>>244239
Oy vey, anon. How dare you downplay the plight of this poor little girl who is being literally raped by the patriarchy for not being able to get a shoe or forced to buy a boy's shoe. Kids being gassed clearly pales in comparison to this girl's issues. I bet those gassed kids had those Spider Man shoes despite living in a third world shithole where water is a precious resource.

The guy's a lawyer. I see why this issue is getting blown up. Dude wants to use that SJW outrage to make bank while using his little girl as the figurehead.
>>
>>244065
I'm an adult. Good-looking sneakers of a brand I liked were majorly on sale for womens but not mens. I found a womens size that fit and bought it. It's never too early or too late to grow. the. fuck. up.

(Of course we all know most adults wouldn't cross over gender labels for shirts, shoes, etc. even if pressed by cash/necessity, even if the product itself was identical. We're fucking fickle about such things -- like eating bugs -- which is maybe one area where the Swedish anti-gender experiment is hitting on a good idea.)
>>
>>244065
So has anyone told them that there isn't a magical physical barrier keeping her from putting her feet in the shoes just because they're labeled boys? Is that something we have to tell people now?
>>
>>244261
Well, there's definitely a very real and potentially fatal barrier keeping guys from wearing women's shoes. It even has an entire board.

Let people wear what they want to wear and be who they want to be, and cases like this will be easily resolved. Kids shouldn't be frightened like this anymore.
>>
>>244081
>>girl doesn't get shoes
You mean two year old?
It's an ageism story, not a sexism story.
>>
>>244065
Is there really a difference between girls and boys spiderman sneakers?
>>
>>244272 The shoes might have been listed in the boy section or something but until children are past size 12, the sizing doesn't differ on gender lines. My daughter is wearing converse size 8 and any toddler boy who wore the same size could wear her shoes.
>>
>>244272
>>244355
Could you two learn to fucking read. The issue isn't boy or girl, it's that there were no shoes for 2 year old. It's not about gender, it's about age.
>>244065
>“Hey @Target I bought my four-year-old son Spider-Man shoes and now my two-year-old daughter wants Spider-Man shoes too,” Mr Rashid, an author and attorney, wrote on Twitter. “But you don’t sell Spider-Man shoes that fit two-year-old
>>
>>244261
>So has anyone told them that there isn't a magical physical barrier keeping her from putting her feet in the shoes just because they're labeled boys? I
Jesus fuck, Can somebody screncap this that nofuckingbody who comment in /news/ actually bother to read the article. see >>244426
The issues is that he complained because there were no shoes for 2 years old, which is basically in the same area of stupid, but at least be accurate in your berating comments.
>>
There's no real good reason to divide most clothes by sex anyway, (((they))) just do it to further push (((their))) spook of "identity" so they can separate people into predictable target markets.
>>
>>244077

Bet there is no burka here, these are probably dindus that pseudo converted to Islam, just give them something else they can potentially use in a discrimination suit.
>>
>>244426
>>244427
Dipshits:
>Even when I search for them - boys shoes are the only result. She’s crying now. It’s heartbreaking.”
It's literally the next line that you somehow omitted in your greentext.

Btw, for anyone who cares, she winds up wearing her brother's Spider-Man shoes. So, much ado about nothing, as usual.
>>
>>244065
>be Chinese warehouse labor manager
>make spiderman shoes for $.14/hr
>spoiled brat in us demands girls shoes too
>have to teach 8 year olds to stitch a DIFFERENT pattern on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Sometimes $1.00/hr just isnt worth my job
>>
>Qasim Rachid

Oh Britain.
>>
Fucking kek why is this even news? It's literally just a little girl crying over fucking shoes holy hell man
>>
>child throws tantrum in store
>this is news

y tho
>>
>>244065
>you don’t sell Spider-Man shoes that fit two-year-old girls. Even when I search for them - boys shoes are the only result.

They're exactly the fucking same! Just buy the "boys" Spider Man shoes.
>>
>>244109
>2 year old girls and boys don't have different shoe sizes.

I buy all my shoes on-line so I wouldn't know, but don't shoe stores have those foot measuring devices anymore?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/gEqRFRZV0wk/maxresdefault.jpg
>>
just sounds like the dad wanted to be television to me
>>
>>244523
To continue pushing the tranny propaganda.
>>
>>244065
>However, all four variations are described as “boys” shoes.
2 year olds can't read
>>
a toddler tantrum is now a major feminist cause, interesting
>>
>>244268
>Kids shouldn't be frightened like this anymore
Who's frightened? The girl was upset because her father is an idiot who would tweet rather than tell her no, or just buy her the "boys" shoes and not give a fuck.
Parents who believe their child can never be wrong and try to raise them that way are awful. It just produces adults who are totally dysfunctional, because they've always been told that everything they believe is the right thing, and their parents tried very hard to maintain that false reality.
>>
>>244065
This seems like a fun Dad-joke that caught air in the bizarro world that is america is
>>
>>245691
Fucking twitter ruined everything. All of a sudden everybody feels important
>>
>>244065
>Fag dad doesn't know he can just buy the shoes a size up and she will literally grow into them in 3 weeks.

That man should get a vasectomy.

page took 0.017 seconds to execute