Archives: [f] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [news / qst] [trash] Boards: [meta]
/b/stats 2.0: beta edition
since 27 Jan 2013
Please send questions/comments/spam/death threats/love letters to webmaster (at) b-stats.org
All times EST/EDT
Active development is on GitHub

Thread #244061
View on 4chan

Replies 19 (19)
Image Replies 0 (-1)
Lifetime 5d 15h 12m 46s
Deleted Posts 0
X http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/07/fire-erupts-at-trump-tower-in-new-york-city-1-fatality-idd-at-least-4-hurt.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-tower-fire-second-2018-blaze-in-sprinkler-free-residence/

A fire at Trump tower left 1 dead, 4 injured. CBS reported that Trump actively lobbied against a sprinkler system that would have saved a man's life. Fox news left out that detail.
>>
>>244061
>would have saved a man's life
Fake news
>>
>>244064
Maybe it should have said "could have instead of "would have".

In any case, trying to subvert fire suppression regulations is bad. I don't like too many government regulations but fire safety regulations are important.
>>
>>244061
>Fox
Truth of Freedom.
>CBS
Lies of Communism.
>>
>>244118
>trying this hard
>>
>>244076
you failed that cuck that died then
>>
>>244130
What? I'm not the one who ignored the fire safety regulations.
>>
>>244061
>(((CBS))) (((reported))) that Trump actively lobbied against a sprinkler system
Fixed that fake news for you.
>>
>>244134
why didn't you save him?
>>
>>244064
So anything that makes Trump look bad is now fake news?
>>
>>244140
haha, okay that was a funny one pops but you really need to take your medication now.
>>
This whole mess could've been avoided if he decided to put sprinklers in the building.
>>
Did they save his mixtape?
>>
>clintons' own a residential building
>cheap out on fire suppression systems
>somebody dies
Could you imagine the outrage from Hannity and the like?
>>
>>244248
>Tu quoque
No I can't.
>>
>>244061
That's the second fucking fire in that high rise this year, which means there will probably be an investigation.

And btw an apartment building is not every-man-for-himself economics for you libertarians who want to weigh in. When you have a high rise without external fire escapes or a "smart" ventilation system that can seal all doors and vents instantly upon detecting fire, the smoke from the blaze in a single unit can kill anyone in the floors above, as it did in nyc apartment fires 1998. Some form of fire isolation/mitigation system in high rises is as essential as meat inspection or hospital certification.
>>
>>244251
So THAT'S what it's called. I'll keep that in mind for the next time someone mentions Hillary.
>>
>>244256
And safe and easy evacuation routes are essential, see the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire.

Fires in textile plants are particularly bad. I remember recently there was a fire in...i think it was china...where the owners had padlocked the doors to keep employees from skimping out on work.

The fire doors.

I dunno how many died in that one but it was in the dozens at least.
>>
>>244145
There's no way of knowing if an extra sprinkler in the Clinton mansion would save someone trapped inside from burning to death.
>>
>>244251
>>244349
But this ISN'T "tu quoque." That would be if the Clintons' building fire actually happened, and if Trump and co. had said (in response to criticism) "But what about their fire?" The same would apply if the Clintons' used Trump's fire to justify their own (hypothetical) negligence.

What's being pointed out in >>244248 is an allegation of a double standard, not tu quoque. Claiming that the Clinton's would have been excoriated under similar circumstances that Trump is not being excoriated under (and perhaps, should be?) isn't logically fallacious in the first place.

page took 0.0055 seconds to execute