Archives: [f] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [news / qst] [trash] Boards: [meta]
/b/stats 2.0: beta edition
since 27 Jan 2013
Please send questions/comments/spam/death threats/love letters to webmaster (at) b-stats.org
All times EST/EDT
Active development is on GitHub

Thread #243735
View on 4chan

Replies 39 (39)
Image Replies 0 (0)
Lifetime 10d 18h 1m 52s
Deleted Posts 0
0e3.jpg (14 KB, 552x386, 1523015855234.jpgiqdb google reposts full
https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/04/05/us/nypd-police-shoot-man-metal-pipe/index.html

How can people be mad that some idiot went around pointing his crack pipe around strangers as if it were a gun???
>>
>>243735
The reality is that most people have never felt like they are actually in danger, so they cannot have empathy for police officers and EMT first responders who actually are in danger from the people they get called to deal with.

If everybody had an experience where a crackhead came up and threatened to stab you in the throat, they would feel differently about it.

Strange world we live in, xenophobia abounds but yet the same people do not actually experience the terror of dangerous strangers.
>>
>>243735
> Cops mistake crack pipe for gun
> Cops mistake cell phone for gun
> Cops mistake guy's underwear for gun

I think I see the problem here. We need to have cops take vision tests.

"Now read the third line from the bottom, officer."
" Gun, gun, gun, gun, A, gun, gun."
>>
>>243776
Maybe they need glasses.
>>
>>243766
unironically this. the most vocal anti-police people have actually lived a life so safe and protected by police that they dont see them as a 'real' thing, if you know what im saying
>>
>>243766
> threatened to stab you in the throat
I thought the cops mistook it for a gun. Did they see an imaginary bayonet too?

That must have been one hell of a crack pipe.

What else did they see? Bombs? Grenades? An Abrams tank or two?
>>
>>243766

That's pretty much the entire liberal ideology. If you've never lived around niggers or Mexicans, and you've never had to work, then it's really easy to call others racists for not seeing the world as perfect.
>>
>>243776
>>243777
Did you fags watch the video? The guy was running around at pointing it at people like a gun and multiple callers said it was a gun. When the cops showed up he took up a shooting stance and aimed his "weapon" at them.
It looks like suicide by cop to me.
>>
>>243781
>I shake in my boots whenever I see a minority
>You don't? I bet you're a rich white liberal who's never seen one before. Must be nice.
>>
>>243779
Mad because a cop took out a piece of shit junkie, eh? Let me guess who you voted for
>>
>>243784
>It looks like suicide by cop to me
i hate that this is fucking term
>>
>>243905
Go back to Red It
>>
>>243781
Yet the areas that are statistically most racist are the areas that are most monoethnic, while the multiethnic areas are usually the most tolerant. By your logic, cities should be a quagmire of racial warfare while the countryside should love blacks and hispanics.
>>
>>244094
>cities should be a quagmire of racial warfare
You've... never spent much time in cities have you.

Pro-tip: racism and racial/ethnic struggle isn't just white people v not white people. You spend enough time listening to black people shit talk Hispanics and Asians and White people, and Asians shit talk black people, and Hispanics shit talk black people and white people and each other cause one is Argentinian and the other is Peruvian and they both can't fucking stand Cubans.

Such a narrow minded, simplistic "mono/multi ethnic divide" world view can only be found from the bargain-bin wonder that is public education.
>>
>>244095
Human history has been a history of violence and competition between the various races. Humans originally built societies out of disgust for different races. To humans, war is as natural as water is too fish. Humans were put on this Earth to fight and kill. Hate and death have made us strong and given our civilization life. That is the meaning of life, and there was nothing more glorious than your enemies' cries as you pulled the intestines out of his mate or children and showed them to him. Competition tempered the stronger and rutheless races while culling the weak. However, the weaker races were in fear of extermination, so banded together to create liberalism and tolerance. Since the so called Age of Reason and Enlightenment, the liberals have been chipping away at society. First, by overthrowing the Throne and Altar. Humans were most content in feudal societies as that is what comes most natural to us, but the liberals hated the idea of kings for kings saw the truth of the world and marched armies in glorious exterminatus. Religion too had to fall, for they preached the truth of a world in conflict between us and """them""". Now look around you. Science has created a race of weak willed and weak fleshed degenerates and tolerance breads weak blood. Pacifism is driving humankind into the ground. You see it in the restlessness of our world. People want war, want a war that is so might and so destructive as to complete humankind, leaving the .1% survivors perfect, but their liberal indoctrination prevents them from voicing or thinking of it. War is horrible, right? Yet war is integral to humanity for without blood, humankind dies.
>>
>>244094
your first statement isn't even true. the most "racist" part of the country is the deep south.. guess where it's most "multicultural"?

there's a ridiculous correlation between experience with certain groups and disdain (or rather, more realistic expectations of) those groups.
>>
>>243776

Sure, but BLM’s critical failure is they’re unable or unwilling to make important distinctions between actual cold blooded murder, tragic mistakes, and legitimate self-defense on the part of law enforcement. Of course there’s room to argue for improving law enforcement to prevent mistakes in the future.

But reflexively blaming individual cops as murderers every time someone is shot, for no other reason than they were shot, in the long-term I can only see that doing more damage to their cause in terms of PR. BLM largely insists on seeing the world through lens of either someone is a racist killer or on their side, but most people think it’s more reasonable to see gradients when it comes to fault, and that there’s often nuance that varies from case to case. To most people they're going to look unreasonable and extremist.
>>
>>244095
There are upsides to people of different ethnicities trying to work together in a single society, and there are downsides. Of course it will depend on the particular communities and society in question how well it will work. But we have many countries in the world, and each has many neighborhoods and communities within it. Maybe the optimal thing is that some countries can aim to be be more multi-ethnic than others. I don't understand why everyone should take the stance of "there are some problems common to multi-ethnic societies today, therefore all countries should aim to be mono-ethnic". We can try and fix our problems, and we can appreciate that it's not inherently bad if some societies become more ethnically diverse while others don't.

>>244106
What societal problems do humanity have that can only be solved with violence? If we are all compassionate and scientific, we can engineer the kind of world we want just about entirely by non-violent means.
>>
>man pointing a crack pipe around like a gun

I mean, whether the shooting was justified or not, did society really lose anyone of value?
>>
>>244111
Minorities are too stupid to comprehend science.
>>
>>243735
Guy brought it upon himself though. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
>>
>>243735
If he's a black the left will make excuses like that idiot in Sacramento who was running from the cops after he was seen breaking and entering.
>>
>>243776
Maybe Just maybe these thugs should comply with police instructions?
>>
I normally ignore pointless human interest stories like this one but god damn you lot are a bunch of afactual retards.

>>244114
>>244144
It's not going to change the minds of anyone in this thread (who will no doubt all agree that defective people need to be put down), but the man was mentally ill.

>>245346
The police did not issue any commands before firing.
>>
>>245351
>the man was mentally ill
Then this was a good outcome.
>>
>>244111
Why spend time and money engineering a perfect world when we can genocide to a perfect world instead?
C'mon bruh.
>>
>>243735
LMFAO
>>
Pointing is justification to kill someone ??

Also was the pipe broken at least so you can justify killing the man?

If not this is still incompetence on the polices part and he should be charged
>>
>>245779
How about you actually watch the footage? That would answer all your questions.
>>
>>245747
lmbo start with yourself
>>
>mentally ill

nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>243735
Niggers always make excuses.
>>
>>243776
Maybe niggers should comply with cops and not point objects at then when they have their weapons draw.
>>
>>244094
>cities should be a quagmire of racial warfare
They are.
>>
>>245351
So? Cops don't know what he's pointing at them. Their safety is more important than some druggie.
>>
>>245351
>The police did not issue any commands before firing.
They did, stop making excuses.
>>
>>245779
It is if the cops don't know what he's pointing.
>>
>>243766
I worked security for almost a decade and had to deal with nutjob crackheads on the daily- fuck police and their shoot-to-kill mentality, cops are hot garbage at de-escalating because they're taught they can shoot if things go south.

Though TBF in this case the cops were totally justified, that shit looks like a fucking gun even from a few feet away.
>>
>>245981
Cops aren't the problem.
>>
>>245779
I'm old enough to remember when a cop shooting an unarmed man pretty much ended with the cops dismissal. "Thought he wuz going for a weapon" isn't a valid excuse. But bleeding heart liberal pussies have managed to change that.

page took 0.0119 seconds to execute