Archives: [f] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [news / qst] [trash] Boards: [meta]
/b/stats 2.0: beta edition
since 27 Jan 2013
Please send questions/comments/spam/death threats/love letters to webmaster (at) b-stats.org
All times EST/EDT
Active development is on GitHub

Thread #242938
View on 4chan

Replies 44 (44)
Image Replies 0 (0)
Lifetime 12d 7h 32m 25s
Deleted Posts 0
1496146759809.jpg (29 KB, 500x504, 1522711815745.jpgiqdb google reposts full
Viral videos posted on social media show teenagers snorting condoms as part of a so-called "condom snorting challenge."

In the videos, teens put an unwrapped condom up one of their nostrils and inhale until the condom comes out of their mouth. Like other viral challenges, the condom snorting challenge has been around for years but recently reemerged on social media.

In San Antonio, Stephen Enriquez, who teaches drug and alcohol prevention to parents, has also started to teach parents about dangerous online trends like the condom snorting challenge, KABB-TV reported.

"Because these days our teens are doing everything for likes, views, and subscribers," Enriquez told the station. "As graphic as it is, we have to show parents because teens are going online looking for challenges and recreating them."

And this isn't the first time that teens have done questionable things in the pursuit of Internet fame. In 2012, more than 50,000 YouTube video clips showed young people swallow a tablespoon of dry cinnamon with no water, gag and spew out a cloud of orange dust as part of the "cinnamon challenge."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/04/02/condom-snorting-challenge-every-parents-worst-nightmare/477431002/
>>
Likewise, just before the New Year, a spate of teenage poisonings were reported in the U.S. as a result of an Internet-based dare encouraging youths to post video of themselves biting or eating Tide Pods. The stunt, dubbed "The Tide Pod Challenge," has resulted in poison centers reporting 142 incidents in January.

While teens may think the condom snorting challenge goes without consequences, it can be dangerous, Bruce Y. Lee, a Forbes contributor and associate professor of International Health at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, said in a recent column.

Lee writes that with the exception of doctor-prescribed nasal sprays, "anything else that goes up your nose can damage the sensitive inner lining of your nose, cause an allergic reaction, or result in an infection."

He notes that the condom could also get stuck in the nasal cavity or the throat and cause someone to choke.
>>
I'm pretty sure this is how those trends get started.
>Something niche happens in an area of the country
>Media blows it up like it's a big thing
>Everyone jumps on the bandwagon in the rest of the country
Either that or its bullshit like Jenkem.
>>
>>242957
What are you talking about? Jenkem's the shit.
>>
>>242957
>jenkem is bullshit
THe bEsT JenkUm IS Bull shit
>>
Breaking news: kids are dumb and make poor choices
>>
Natural selection.
>>
And people think the voting age should be lowered.
>>
can't fucking wait until the an hero challenge
>>
>>242938
I think that children should definitely do this, we need to let them kill themselves, because this will be a wonderful way to weed out the idiots from those that actually know better.
Kill so many birds with a single stone, there is nothing that can go wrong from it.
>>
These are the same people saying we should repeal the second amendment
>>
>>242976
Yeah but it doesn't stop CNN from shielding behind the parkland survivors
>>
>>242957
I prefer skub over jenkem tbh
>>
>>242938
Is this a hoax like that poop huffing thing?
>>
>>242938
>condom snorting challenge
why
>>
I still believe this and tide pods are just fake news
>>
>>243882
Because people who shouldn't have survived their birth will do anything that has 'challenge in the title.
>>
This post doesn't explain how to do it.
>>
Holy fuck and we wonder why people mail out letter bombs like Jesus tapdancing Christ our society is fucking farce.
>>
>>243882
they're stupid
same shit with the tide pod challenge, kids are fucking idiots
>>
>>242938
why do people come up with such stupid things? They got nothing better to do with their time?
>>
>>243959
>got nothing better to do with their time?
pretty much
"kids these days"
>>
Shoot yourself in the head challenge, go!
>>
>>242938
This wasn't happening before the Internet! We don't need the goddamn Internet! It's only making things worse.
>why are you on the Internet
Because I've given up. Society won't get better and I don't have the instincts for surviving in a woods
>>
The Nikolas Cruz High Score Challenge!!
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!
>>
>the condom snorting challenge is every parents worst nightmare
Thats a wierd nightmare to have. Mine is my kids having the lapse in judgement teenagers get at the worst possible time and killing themselves or destroying their future at 16.
>>
>>244310
>ban all assault challenges now!
>>
>>243899
Stop quoting Deb.
>>
>>244316
Kids doing stupid shit far predates the internet - and plumbing, for that matter. It's only now we get to see it on video.
>>
>>244636
>we get to see it on video
That's the thing though. I know kids and teens and young adults have always been doing stupid shit that makes no sense, but now that we can record it and share it, it only encourages and gives others ideas where as they only had word of mouth back In the day. Having this mass communication only spreads the disease. We need to shut off the Internet! Or at least social media. It obviously won't solve it completely but it will slow it.
>>
>>244672
I don't have statistics, but I suspect kids doing stupid shit hasn't increased that much per capita, even with the internet. The pressure to impress your immediate peers is many times greater than that to impress a bunch of unseen strangers on the internet.

Mind, I suppose strangers on the internet are the only people a lot of kids have to impress these days, but at the same time, without the internet, that was much less often the case. Kids hung out more, though as a result, also got into trouble more. (That last bit, at least, is objectively true - child crime per capita was *much* higher in the 60's and 70's.)
>>
>>243097
"survivors"
>>
>you now remember the "throw your iphone as high as possible" app
>>
>>244672
Lets ban guns too while we're at it.
>>
Wow the answer to this and the fact that America is in a depression is going to war with Syria so the Rotschilds, the people responsible for all poverty in the world can get more power, because you said so. Am I doing this right Kike?
>>
Tide Pod and Condom Snorting is fake news and is the same moral panic with a different face that gets dredged up every year.
https://www.snopes.com/news/2018/04/05/fake-teen-challenges/
>>
>>242938
i long for the day that these idiots do something that kills them for likes
>>
>>245265
It is not fake news there are videos of people doing it. Though that does not mean it is as widespread as implied.
>>
>>245273
How widespread it supposedly it was is the fake part
>The second Washington Post piece also noted that reports of laundry detergent pod poisoning were actually down around the time teens were purportedly shoving Tide Pods in their faces en masse.
>>
>>245270
they've been doing this for the last few centuries
it's called smoking
>>
Propose a school shooter/slasher challenge, highest kill count wins most badass kid of the year award.
>>
>>245413
DeadTube much?
>>
This is my fetish. I hate the fact that it's mostly underage in videos. Leave condom snorting to professional sex workers.
Also this hasn't been a thing for years, why the sudden revival? Can we bring back rick roll and the game too?

>>242997
You mean following the 4chan recipe for making crystals?
>>
shits been around since 2011, ain't nothing new
>>
>>242938
I say let them do it. There's too many people in the world. It's better to weed out the morons any way we can. If they do it themselves, then all the better. Less blood on our hands.

page took 0.0087 seconds to execute