Archives: [f] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [news / qst] [trash] Boards: [meta]
/b/stats 2.0: beta edition
since 27 Jan 2013
Please send questions/comments/spam/death threats/love letters to webmaster (at) b-stats.org
All times EST/EDT
Active development is on GitHub

Thread #240599
View on 4chan

Replies 36 (36)
Image Replies 0 (0)
Lifetime 18d 1h 23m 52s
Deleted Posts 0
1519060837225.jpg (75 KB, 931x524, 1522120042044.jpgiqdb google reposts full
Actor, philanthropist and amateur bongo musician Matthew McConaughey is adding yet another entry to his ever-growing resume: Carl’s Jr. voice-over artist.

McConaughey — already the brand ambassador for Wild Turkey Bourbon — is now lending his signature drawl to the fast-food chain’s Western Bacon Cheeseburger campaign, Carl’s Jr. confirmed on Monday.

Carl’s Jr., however, has noted that McConaughey is not technically an “official spokesperson” for the restaurant, despite his first commercials sounding like Carl's Jr. handed him complete and total creative control of the entire project:

“It’s time to answer the call,” McConaughey can be heard saying over footage of the bacon-topped, onion-ring-inclusive burger. “The oozing drips and the smacking lips — the snizzle-dizzle, piggedy-wiggedy buckwild beef, bustin’ straight outta the gate, showin’ it’s teeth like a flavor stampede! Crispety rings, whoa, whoa!

“Takin’ it S-L-O with the Western Bacon Cheeseburger. That’s the call of Carl’s,” McConaughey concludes.

Other, shorter advertisements for Carl’s Jr.’s “Call of Carl’s” campaign have McConaughey uttering such phrases as “sweet tang-a-lang” or “deeelishy-lishy-lishy,” and even “tangy dripping drop-drip-dropping, lickety-split-topping — say pick up the Western Bacon Cheeseburger.” McConaughhey’s voice will also play a “major role” in the campaign’s radio ads, Ad Age reports.

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/02/19/matthew-mcconaughey-is-now-doing-carl-s-jr-commercials.html
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAD7Gz2f3Hs
>>
>>240599
As a longtime addict of Carls Jr, it upsets me that the wouldn't cast a more diverse person for this.

I want to be sold cheeseburgers by a disabled transgender Asian pedophile dammit!!
>>
>>240611
If you stopped eating their food would you die?
>>
>>240612
It would be extremely painful
>>
>>240613
For memes xD
>>
>>240599
Since he doesn't need the work (presumably, unless he's pulling a Colbert and whoring for every corporate sponsor then donating all their cash to a left-leaning charity), he obviously loves the food a shitton. Good for him - gotta stand by one's principles.
>>
>>240624
>A Texas boy shilling for Carl's Jr.
I'm ashamed of him.
>>
>>240630
Agreed. Hardee's is far superior
>>
>>240599
>Now
I could tell the moment I heard the first one. Why do you consider this news?
>>
>>240656
I think it's pretty funny that Fox News wrote an entire article about it for some reason.
>>
>>240624
I like his car commercials. Such a soothing voice.
>>
>>240638
>>240630
Does Texas have both? Is it like West Texas has Carls Jr. and East has Hardees?
Does anybody know where the line between Carl's Jr and Hardees is?
>>
>>240688
>Along with news of McConaughey’s new gig, CKE Restaurant Brands — the parent company of both Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s — announced that both Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s will be embarking on “solo careers,” with CKE creating “separate, distinct brands” for each, rather than one restaurant merely being treated as a regional variant of the other.

In the article.
>>
>>240688
>line between Carl's Jr and Hardees
san antonio here.
we have carl's jr. with hardee's products inside as well.
>>
Anyone else think he looks like a rabbit in that picture?
>>
>>241260
Which is ironic because he sounds more like Gopher from Winnie the Pooh.
>>
>>240599
Le who gives a snizzle-dizzle face XD.
>>
>>240599
I really like Carl Jr. But unfortunately after a few years of moving into my city it hasn't been very successful,
The one near my house had to close down.
>>
>>240624
Sam Jackson works a ton cause he likes money. Maybe this guy is the same way. Can you imagine how little effort this was compared to the pay?

You can never have to much money
>>
>>240599
I am now, unironically, hungry for a Carl's
>>
>>242375
That's the call of Carl's.

PICK UP!
>>
Just got a Carl jrs in my town. I was disappointed. I'll stick with maccas and hungry jacks
>>
>>242467
I'll never understand how people can tell the difference between different brands of the same garbage fast food.
>>
>>242708
I'll never understand how pretending to be retarded is okay and somehow makes you better just because its about fast food, a thing that most people eat.
>>
>>242723
Not going to read the post of some idiot who thinks repeating what I just said is clever.
>>
Holy shit this board is fucking dead though, three hours and this thread is still on page 1. Why do they give us a board like this and not /v2k/? You know it's funny they only seem to add boards if they're boards they don't have to work very hard on moderating.
>>
>>242886
If you want the board to move faster, post some articles instead of bitching
>>
>>242896
I don't care about this board, I want /v2k/.
>>
>>242902
I want a billion dollars, but sadly, no entity is likely to bestow a billion dollars on me anytime soon.
>>
>>242903
Yeah but /v2k/ is significantly more likely.
>>
>>242902
What the fuck is /v2k/ and why are you throwing a tantrum about it?
>>
>>242855
Brainlet detected
>>
>>242949
Congratulations, you have detected yourself.
>>
Seriously though, where is /v2k/?
>>
>>243685
answer >>242925 first
>>
>>243789
"No!"

page took 0.0103 seconds to execute