Archives: [f] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [news / qst] [trash] Boards: [meta]
/b/stats 2.0: beta edition
since 27 Jan 2013
Please send questions/comments/spam/death threats/love letters to webmaster (at) b-stats.org
All times EST/EDT
Active development is on GitHub

Thread #239868
View on 4chan

Replies 27 (27)
Image Replies 0 (0)
Lifetime 16d 3h 28m 34s
Deleted Posts 0
cannadian-flag-759x500.jpg (38 KB, 759x500, 1521784557626.jpgiqdb google reposts full
https://globalnews.ca/news/4100321/marijuana-legalization-bill-c45-passes-senate/

The government’s plan to legalize marijuana by this summer remains on track.

After a tense day of uncertainty over whether the Liberals could garner enough support from independent senators to defeat a Conservative effort to kill the bill, Bill C-45 passed second reading on Thursday night.

It is now headed to committee, where it is expected to face scathing reviews by Conservative senators.
>>
>>239868
Legalizing pot will only make drug cartels switch over to heroine production. Just like legalizing booze just made them switch over to drugs instead of go away.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/11/17/heroin-mexican-drug-cartel/94032394/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/world/violence-is-soaring-in-the-mexican-towns-that-feed-americas-heroin-habit/
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/02/20/mexican-cartels-switch-gears-after-u-s-states-relax-u-s-states-legalize-marijuana-mexicos-cartels-sw/343389002/

Just ban it along with alcohol and cigarettes.
>>
>>239887
Yeah you can do that if you want a 300% increase in crime and competing criminal orgainizations. We tried it in the US and it failed miserably. Look up US prohabition
>>
>>239887
He'll even the articals you posted say "Few attribute Mexico's rising violence just to legalized marijuana north of the border or the increasing opioid crisis"

>when the stupid Tucker doesn't even read his own article

Grow some brain cells and stop being afraid of what you don't understand because your too afraid to actually try it.
>>
>>239894
The BBC had a video last year of them going to mexico and speaking to the producers. They flat out said they're increasing their producing because pot isn't profitable. I can't find the exact video but here's another:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec9PMHCFpjI
>As more US states legalize marijuana, dropping prices are forcing growers to turn to other sources of income. In the Mexican state of Guerrero, the new crop is opium poppies - for the production of heroin, a profitable business for local drug cartels.

>Few attribute Mexico's rising violence
>Mexico's rising violence
>rising violence

Learn to read or stop posting high.
>>
>>239887
We're not talking about selling it to kids, we're talking about cost effective regulation that's proportional with risk. Overall, weed is not as dangerous as alcohol by almost any metric. At the same time, alcohol is basically a cultural institution and big business so we're not going to get away with tightening regulations on it much. So on the whole weed should be about as accessible as alcohol.
>>
>>239902
Thanks for pointing out that these people are repeatedly choosing to grow whatever's illegal. Doesn't that mean we should legalize everything so they don't have anything illegal to grow?
Idk, man, I'm pretty high.
>>
>>239868
DUDE
>>
>>240078
clearly it means we should ban spinach so they grow spinach instead.
>>
>>239887
I'm not very well versed in the subject, but wouldn't legalized marijuana increase job options for those who already had experience growing marijuana, leading to a smaller black market? Correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>243406
You're not wrong. That's the biggest joke. There are absolutely no downsides to legalizing marijuana across the board. We're looking at the growth of a multi-billion-dollar, taxable industry, that means job opportunities, agricultural innovations, medical innovations, legislatural innovations. The only reason it's still an issue is because of m-muh degeneracy meme. The private prison sector might lose money too, ecks dee.
>>
>>239887
Of the three drugs mentioned, only two kill people.
>>
>>239887
If Marijuana is still illegal they'll still make heroine and cocaine you fucking retard they just have another product to help finance their narcoterrorism.
>>
>>243460
Legalize everything. Fuck you, nanny-state loving commie.
>>
>>243461
I never said anything about legalizing everything you fucking faggot motherfucker, the logic that just because marijuana is legal they'll switch to different drugs is fucking retarded. And plus you pussies shouldn't allow the cartels to dictate your laws you fucking penis gloves
>>
>>239887

I’ve never heard someone say, “You know this marijuana isn’t doing it for me. I guess I’ll switch to heroin.”
>>
>>243463
What? No, I said I want to legalize everything. God, no wonder you're such a nanny-state advocating faggot, you're too fucking stupid to think for yourself.
>>
>>243466
just move to africa if you don't want a government faggot
>>
>>243468
I want a government, I just also want a government that doesn't base its decisions in a bunch of old faggots posturing for the sake of posturing.
>>
>>243461
Yeah, we should be using such failed states as current-day Afghanistan and opium-ravaged China as role models for modern civilization.
>>
>>239887
You're right! I wonder why no one has ever tried this before, ever!!!! It's gotta work!
>>
>>239902
>They flat out said they're increasing their producing because pot isn't profitable.
Which of course is the proof that if you legalize everything, then they'd be shit out of luck.
>>
>>239887
How bout stop being dumb? To curb this shit, legalize all drugs. Weirdos will die anyway, legally or not, smart people don't put shit into their blood for giggles. However cartels will be devastated. They will be targeting pharmacies, but those can be protected.
>>
>>243464
Because thats not how it works, the slope to heroin starts at painkillers. Weed typically opens up to psychedelics like lsd and mushrooms if they too are seen are harmless drugs by their users, party drugs like E if they dont really care. Cocaine leads to crack when you cant afford your coke anymore.
>>
>>243520
>smart people don't put shit into their blood for giggles

Thats's actually not true at all. In fact in a lot of cases intelligent people are worse off in that regard
>>
If it's banned it can't be taxed...
>>
It's easy just kill all cartels
>>
>>243543
This is true
Self proclaimed intelligent people tend to use more drugs to help cope with a "dumb" world. Dumb people use drugs to see the world in a way they can understand. but they are delusional. The only people who should be using drugs are the ones in pain. Otherwise, everyone is in the wrong for using uppers and downers and stimuli

page took 0.0151 seconds to execute