Archives: [f] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [news / qst] [trash] Boards: [meta]
/b/stats 2.0: beta edition
since 27 Jan 2013
Please send questions/comments/spam/death threats/love letters to webmaster (at) b-stats.org
All times EST/EDT
Active development is on GitHub

Thread #237865
View on 4chan

Replies 46 (46)
Image Replies 0 (0)
Lifetime 25d 22h 58m 25s
Deleted Posts 0
824823.jpg (48 KB, 720x540, 1521132569238.jpgiqdb google reposts full
California has its first illegal alien in state office, after Senate President pro Tem Kevin de León (D-Los Angeles) appointed Lizbeth Mateo to the California Student Opportunity and Access Program Project Grant Advisory Committee.
Mateo, an attorney, was born in Mexico and came to the U.S. illegally at the age of 14 with her parents, who are also illegal aliens, according to the Sacramento Bee.

She complained that illegal aliens are not adequately represented in state government, and described her appointment as a step towards correcting that alleged injustice.

“While undocumented students have become more visible in our state, they remain underrepresented in places where decisions that affect them are being made,”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/california-undocumented-immigrant-appointment-official-state-post-trump-lizbeth-mateo-sanctuary-a8257781.html
>>
I think California should should send a signal and elect an illegal immigrant as governor.
>>
Jefferson when. I'm tired of being associated with these cunts
>>
Just push California back into the sea already.
>>
>>237865
>She complained that illegal aliens are not adequately represented in state government
Lol and convicted felons are not 'adequately represented' in state governments, but that's a good thing
Fuck california
>>
>>237865
> Foreign Nationals don't have a loud enough voice in the politics of a different country
Go figure.
>>
>>237865
How the fuck is she still undocumented if she is a practicing attorney in the US?
>>
>>237917
It's probably a falsehood meant to drum up support for whatever she's preparing.
>>
>>237917
My bet she has been legal for years but came illegally so she is an illegal for the story
>>
>>237874

She came here as a child and lived most of her life here.

You'd have a point if she were an economic migrant who came over as an undocumented adult from mexico or wherever.
But she could not have been expected to stay out of the country that then became her home if she wanted as a kid, if her guardians brought her here.

Maybe some folks say the illegal immigration problem is so bad that we have to deport her or expect her to live without the means to support herself. So she would essentially be paying to right a problem that wasn't her fault to begin with.

But you can't begrudge someone wanting to do better for themselves and wanting representation in their own home. You at least should recognize she's not personally responsible for the illegal immigration.
>>
>>237931
While I agree in principle, we do have to draw a line at some point to prevent people from shuttling kids into the country because we won't deport them. While I don't know of a good way to do this, it is something that is becoming more prevalent and the obstinance of both sides to openly discuss the issue is only going to make it worse when it becomes too much
>>
>>237931
>You at least should recognize she's not personally responsible for the illegal immigration.

I categorically won't. She is directly responsible for not repatriating back to her home country. This is NOT her home. Did she even bother to get in line? No? Then she's responsible. If this was her home and she wasn't mexican but rather American, she wouldn't virtue signal for politics, she'd get a fucking green card and become an American.

Don't give me this "she was just a kid" shit. She's a woman now, and her actions 18+ are what I am 100% morally justified in judging.

Same goes for any person 18+ who's here illegally. If you were a kid, you should get two options: a free ride to your home country, or expatriation from it and naturalization here with an obligation to either military or community service and getting a job/college career in place, not infinite "she dindu nuffins."
>>
>>237953
>Did she even bother to get in line?
Did you?

>she'd get a fucking green card and become an American.
This is called "amnesty" and the United States doesn't allow it at this time.

>or expatriation from it and naturalization here
That's not an option for these people.
>>
so progressive
>>
>>237933
Are you truly comfortable placing your ideology before a person's livelihood?
(Again, [illegal] on paper, otherwise American as you or I. That is, marginally.)
>>
>>237933
Meh, it's really as simple as dealing with the riots while we're still capable of dealing with the riots.

We start pushing 50% Mexican by ethnicity. (I mean that in their definition) were stuck with their government system and their quality of life.

Two things genocide is favorable over.
>>
>>237953
The problem is ICE has deported actual citizens before. And congress last year refused to increase the amount of papers for afghani interperters who helped us troops and are being hunted by the taliban.

Anyone who raises their hand and tries to start the paperwork from IN the us is going to get a short wait in a cell and a free ticket to mexico.

Yes they are illegal, but dont act like any of us would do differently in their situation. The immigration system needs vast reforms so people are not waiting 5-20 years to find out if they got accepted or rejected.
>>
>>239347
got any proof ICE deports citizens on the reg?
nah, fuck you and people like you, everyone has a fucking choice and people need to start being held accountable for the choices they make rather than the color of their skin.
>>
>>239356
https://news.northwestern.edu/stories/2017/august/hundreds-of-u-s-citizens-continue-to-be-detained-new-immigration-data-shows/
>In response to the clinic’s Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request, the U.S. government released data showing that between January 1, 2011, and June 9, 2017, immigration judges rescheduled hearings for 1,714 cases after respondents in deportation proceedings claimed U.S. citizenship. More than 650 of these claims succeeded.
http://jacquelinestevens.org/StevensVSP18.32011.pdf
>thirty-two cases of U.S. citizens who were deported and the 160 U.S. citizens who were detained as aliens

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ice-citizen-arrest-20171129-story.html
>Since 2002, Immigration and Customs Enforcement has wrongly identified at least 2,840 United States citizens as possibly eligible for deportation, and at least 214 of them were taken into custody for some period of time, according to ICE records analyzed by the Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse at Syracuse University.
>Because ICE in January stopped releasing data on those it takes into custody, it is impossible to know how many citizens have been caught up in the aggressive push to increase arrests and deportations being carried out under President Trump.

https://theoutline.com/post/2271/the-us-citizens-illegally-detained-by-ice?zd=1&zi=u6gq2gpy
>A 2016 investigation by NPR found that 818 citizens were held in ICE detention between 2007 and 2015, and an additional 693 were held in local jails on federal detainers
>A 2011 Berkeley study found that approximately 3,600 U.S. citizens have been arrested by ICE between 2009 and 2011
>Northwestern University professor Jacqueline Stevens estimated in 2011 that ICE detained at least 4,000 U.S. citizens in 2010 alone, several of whom were deported.
>>
>>237917
>>237923
>>237930
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/17/us/undocumented-immigrants-illegal-citizenship.html
She is actually an undocumented immigrant. California allowed a small number of these individuals to practice law. This one is very outspoken about her condition and is being rewarded for it
>>
>>239360
its almost as if they shouldnt be staying here illegally
>>
>>239404
It's almost as if you didn't read the post.

Maybe we should just deport illiterate citizens.
>>
>>239360
Being arrested or detained is not the same thing as being deported. The vast majority of criminal cases in general do not make it to court. It doesn't mean we have to do away with the whole system because a double digit number of people were punished accidentally.
>>
>>239492
>Maybe we should just deport illiterate citizens.
I'd vote for this.
>>
>>239369
TO KNOW THE LAW YOU MUST FIRST BREAK THE LAW
>>
>>239499
I ain't advocating for that, or anything, really. I just got curious when the other guy brought up that citizens were getting deported so I decided to do the research and see how many it really was. While the number of deportations was few (several dozen over a decade is maybe a couple per year), what really struck me was the number of those detained (thousands) and the LENGTH of time some where detained (the average was something like 180 days, with the longest being THREE YEARS). That shit is clearly in violation of our constitutional rights.

Couple that with "ICE no longer publishes data on those it takes into custody" and you have a very nasty system that can be abused in the darkest ways. For all the years I got to listen to people talk about FEMA death camps, it turns out they pinned the conspiracy on the wrong alphabet agency. Jokes aside, this shit needs reform, not elimination to bring it back into what fits the constitution and the spirit of American justice. As the saying goes, better ten guilty men go free than one innocent man wrongfully punished.
>>
>>237865
>narcos are unfairly underrepresented in state government and have long been oppressed by unjust oppression systems and institutions such as law and order. Time to change that
>>
>>237931
>So she would essentially be paying to right a problem that wasn't her fault to begin with.
That happens all the time, kids have to pay for their parents fuck ups all the time. Fetus gets aborted because of their parents negligence, a child has to grow up without the love of parents because his biological parents fucked up and put him up for adoption, a child has to grow up in a broken home because his shit deadbeat dad ends up in prison and so on
>>
Cut off all federal funds from California. There should also be some rule in surrounding states that you have to be a citizen of that state to do buisness there. That way Calibola dosent spread.
>>
>>240724
4chan is based in California. I'm afraid you'll have to leave this website.
>>
Democrats need illegals and Brown people to win elections.
>>
>>237953
>I am 100% morally justified in judging
>moral (adjective) - concerned with the principles of right and wrong behavior and the goodness or badness of human character.

You're using that word wrong. LEGALLY you are justified in judging her because she DID break the law. MORALLY she didn't break laws to do harm to anyone.

You're just full of shit.
>>
finally.
>>
>>237865
California-"I hurt myself toodayyy"
They should just say fuck it and go be a part of Mexico. Hollywood hasn't done anything good in centuries and San Francisco might get the cleaning it deserves from crazed Mexican Catholics
>>
This can't turn out well, shitskins aren't intelligent enough to maintain a government.
>>
>>239510
>For all the years I got to listen to people talk about FEMA death camps,

This is why pro gun advocates for defense against the state are a laughing stock. The government will never put on a big evil dictator hat and start fucking everyone. They'll just commit shady shit one demograph at a time.

But on topic, don't expect reform ever. Neither side wants to address the underlying problems which means most you'll get is ICE going back to deporting only the criminal backlog when a blue gets in office.
>>
>>237931
If we defended the border properly and deported illegals properly this would never ve a problem. As it stands she has no right to live here because that's the way the law is written. The law is often totally arbitrary, but it's the rules that we agree to live by. Don't like it? Bring it to the senate and congress. Oh wait, we did that, and democrats refused to allow a path to citizenship in exchange for solving the actual problem, which is these families managed to get here and stay so long in the first place while being totally undocumented.
>>
>>237931
I wouldn't go to mexico and expect the same treatment she had here. She had plenty of time to gain citizenship and it would appear that she didn't try.
>>
>>239508
>When your lawyer is illegal.
>>
>>244243
You say it jokingly now, but unfortunately it may be true sooner than later.
>>
>>244195
Registering under the DREAM Act is the process by which she was guaranteed legal status and essentially (in the act's original form) an accelerated pathway to citizenship. Due to Congress fucking up priorities, the latter never happened. However, registering by DREAM meant being on a system not yet federally emplaced, but also meant that you couldn't be on the "other" pathway to citizenship, if there were any for her status, which there isn't because DREAM is the legal path they made.

So to say she made no effort is patently false. Congress implemented parts of the DREAM Act promising the rest of the pathway to citizenship would come in a comprehensive package that they never did. They guaranteed legal status to "Dreamers" in the meantime.This is their only legal hopes of getting citizenship -- you can't register as a different class of alien to get on a different waiting list.

The only people who didn't put in the effort is Congress, who stopped halfway through.
>>
>>237931
>You at least should recognize she's not personally responsible for the illegal immigration.
She is absolutely responsible. Her entire situation is emblematic of the immigration problem.

Our nation is literally being undermined by a demographic that is continually stealing resources from infested states and acting as an invading culture. It's only becoming more pronounced because California has become so completely entrenched with these people that attempting to counteract the tide would cause riots, and the situation is only becoming worse.
>“While undocumented students have become more visible in our state, they remain underrepresented in places where decisions that affect them are being made,”
They shouldn't be represented at all. They don't belong here. Why the fuck is this even a consideration?
>>
>>237874
>but that's a good thing
(you)
>>
>>237874
>Convicted felons are underrepresented in state gov't
Heard of Illinois?
>>
>>244602
...or Oliver North?
>>
>>244270
We have this very special word in the US Constitution. Unalienable. It means it doesn't matter who you are, where you're from, or what you did. These rights apply to all.
The only undermining here is the sickness of hoarding. In this case, resources. These cancers have applied and been the downfall of all great civilizations, regardless of skin color.
Try reading a book. You can start with the article listed.
>>
>>237865
The idiots in the pic are shit eating, Salvi trash. Your arguments are invalid.

page took 0.0145 seconds to execute