Archives: [f] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [news / qst] [trash] Boards: [meta]
/b/stats 2.0: beta edition
since 27 Jan 2013
Please send questions/comments/spam/death threats/love letters to webmaster (at) b-stats.org
All times EST/EDT
Active development is on GitHub

Thread #232756
View on 4chan

Replies 101 (101)
Image Replies 0 (0)
Lifetime 41d 22h 48m 39s
Deleted Posts 0
4chan is a person.jpg (954 KB, 1719x1675, 1519399903835.jpgiqdb google reposts full
CNN apparently reached out for comments twice from the hacker known only as '4chan' in response to their trolling of Florida shooting survivors only to be left without a response
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/22/us/parkland-shooting-conspiracy-theories-trnd/index.html
>>
this 4chan person must be found and brought to justice for his heinous string of cyber crime
>>
>>232756
When CNN says 4chan they are usually talking about some /pol/kid.
>>
>the hacker known as 4chan
>>
>>232776
public enemy number 1, he must be stopped
>>
You will never find the hacker known as 4chan.
>>
why wont our lawmakers finally do something about this 4chan menace to society
>>
>>232756
The absolute madman he can't keep getting away with this
>>
>>232756
CNN is run and managed by the CIA
>>
>>232823
ya, pretty much this.
the reformation of the smith-mundt act during obama presidency legalized the distribution of propaganda to the US public by the state department.
they are pretty much a propaganda wing
>>
Are you people retarded? You can reach out to an organization or office for comments. It doesn't have to be a person and nowhere in the article does it imply that.
>>
>>232826
So they sent Hiro a mail? Or just some jannies perhaps.
>>
>>232756
Op, you're a moron.
They attempted to contact the site, that doesn't mean they think it's a human.
>>
>>232823
>owned by the CIA
>still can't determine that 4chan isn't a person
>>
>>232880
No one said the CIA were smart.
>>
>>232880

That sounds about right

The FBI is currently spending millions to investigate /pol/ memes on Twitter and Facebook.
>>
>>232842
I think they tried to get in contact with that id heaven guy
>>
>>232823
Correct.
>>
Good. The more normies are pushed away from 4chan the stronger her becomes
>>
>>232867
But why would CNN contact the site for comment on the posts, unless they thought the site was responsible for posts made by anonymous posters?
What comment could the website possibly have when it is simply the host and is not involved in the creation of content? Is CNN mostly staffed by retards?
>>
>>233027
lol pretty much this.
how is this 4chan guy supposed to respond to the email?
"uhh, its not me, i didnt do it, why dont you go make a thread and ask for yourself?"
>>
>>233027
>>233073
Normalfags tend to expect websites to be heavily moderated, causing the users and ownerd to essentially share a voice. They probably expected either that or just wanted to try shaming hiro into moderating without realizing he's a Nip so he doesn't care.
>>
stop being autistic. they obviously mean press@4chan.org. there's a link right on the front page.
>>
>>233077
once again, what do they expect to get as a response?
the website creates no content of its own.
the only moderation is based upon breaking US law, or posting the wrong content on the wrong boards.
this sounds about right:>>233076
>>
If a man comes into my house he better be caring a sumuns, or a pizza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA5HSVRJpZA
>>
How did we become a grate Country?
>>
>>233084
sometimes i wonder
>>
>>232756
>CNN is dumb
doesn't surprise me
>>
CNN doesn't "think", it only takes orders and publishes jokes like this
>>
>>232826
This.
>>
>>232756
that's not what it says though
presumably they mean they reached out to the admins
>>
>>233027
>unless they thought the site was responsible for posts made by anonymous posters?
obviously they thought that was the case, most sites have more traceability and easier accountability
before I started posting here (like 8 years ago) I thought you could make a user account and it was just optional to make one or not
>>
>>233288
>before I started posting here
>(like 8 years ago)
nice save, newfag
>>
>>233286
>hey, 4chan admins, why do people troll other people?
maybe they should just make a thread, would be much more productive
>>
>>233288
>I thought you could make a user account
>>
>>232756
>/pol/ considers speaking to a crowd of people "too skilled as public speaker"

it doesn't surprise me at all. their standards are pretty low allover.
>>
>>232756
"IT'S HAPPENING, IT'S HAPPENING!"

what more proof do you need that /pol/ are like little chihuahuas left in the car? drop them a shoelace and they'll think they discovered a new planet.
>>
>>233076
>Sir, are you aware that your website harbours far-right extremist activity

>hello, who is this?

>Mr. Ni-

>you want to become janitor? Lol closed weeks ago please try next year

>sir, are you a member of-

>*hangs up*
>>
>>232756
>https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/22/us/parkland-shooting-conspiracy-theories-trnd/index.html

>CNN still has this part of the article in place on the website

I'm really starting to believe that news corporations are knowingly pumping out this drivel. I mean, this isn't satire, yet they still have it on their website. It was written by two authors. It was updated. And yet... they leave that kind of stuff in?

Do they leave it as bait for us or something? Do they just estimate their audience is that unintelligent?
>>
>>233425
lol

>>233415
wtf are you talking about?
>>
>>233435
>I'm really starting to believe that news corporations are knowingly pumping out this drivel.
MSM companies knowingly pumping out drivel and misinformation?

Nooooo waaaaaaaaaay
>>
>>233079
It's standard news practise to ask for comment from someone when you're reporting on them. They are putting out a report about 4chan's links to the shooting, they ask Hiro if he has anything to say about it.

>Hey, people are using your business to post false information about a school shooting. Care to comment?

99% of the time the response is, "We don't support shooting kids or lying on the internet, but any such comments hosted on 4chan do not represent the site or management views."

Welcome to real life, son; it may seem unusual coming of age in 2018, but sometimes people actually get invited to explain what their involvement in something is by a reputable news source, not just immediately pilloried.
>>
>>232756
>who owns 4chan? we want to talk to him and see what he has to say about his users being such trolls
>"I dunno, its some japanese guy i think"
>Well send Mr. Chan an email, lets see what he has to say
>>
This is so hillarious
>>
>we reached out for comment but were met with accusations of 'larping' or 'live action roleplaying,' a pasttime that nazis have always hated and considered 'fake and gay'
>>
>>233736
>as a response to our inquiry we received a letter written one word at a time from the users
>hello,
>FAGGOTS
>niggers
>buttsecks
>commie
>helicopter
>rides
>WE
>the people
>WUZ
>SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>Jews
>Hitler did nothing wrong
>KANGZ
>F
>ball sack
>>
>>232826
>Are you people retarded?
First time on 4chan?
>>
>>233486
You have common sense
Which begs the question: why are you still here?
>>
I should send cnn an email from pr@4chan.org and insult their journalistic integrity
>>
>>234367
please hiro do this. Do it and i'll forgive you for milking all those ukrainian malware dicks
>>
>>235382
not hiromoot, i just have written an email client that will spoof the sender's email address to be whatever i want it to be.
>>
>>235383
gmail blocks spoofed addressed. Won't CNN also do that?
It's pretty easy to detect spoofed addresses
>>
>>232776
>>232778
he can't keep getting away with it
>>
>>235386
then how are politicians and people like podesta successfully spearphished?
if you operate your own smtp server with an ISP that doesnt filter this sort of thing, you can send emails seemingly from anywhere you want to by spoofing the header information.
its literally as easy as paying $5 a month for a VPS in latvia and then writing a python script that sends emails with altered metadata
>>
>>235386
hell, get a vps anywhere outside of america and you can do everything with this single python library.
you can probably even find vps's inside america that dont have safeguards in place stopping you from doing this
>https://docs.python.org/2/library/smtpd.html
>>
>>235457
actually that is just server side library, you would need client side too:
>https://docs.python.org/2/library/smtplib.html
>>
>>235456
>>235457
>>235458
dew it anon for the lulz
give 4chan an identity and a gmail
>>
>>235556
>From: 4chan@anonymous.proxy
>Subject: a message from 4chan
>>
>>232756
Who's "4chan" and where does this asshole live?
>>
>>235590
>Who's "4chan" and where does this asshole live?
Sources indicate he may be a 400 pound Russian national who posts from ip addresses tired to the country 'anonymous proxy'
Little else is known other than the fact he has a habit of 'closing pools', raiding YouTube, and ddos'ing websites
>>
>>232756
It means they tried to contact Hiroshimoot, ya dingus. They probably think 4chan was somehow responsible to ban the users like Twitter would do.
>>
>>235390
The absolute madman
>>
>>232880
The CIA just looks at the number of posts 4chan puts out and assumes that 4chan's just a really big guy.
>>
>>235955
underrated
>>
>>232756
Are you thick? "CNN reached out to 4chan for comment" doesn't mean CNN thinks 4chan is an individual. It means they tried emailing Hiro.
>>
>>236154
They would have better luck making a thread on /pol/ and just asking the source themselves
>>
>>232756
is this real lyfe, or just fanta sea
>>
>>236182
Caught in a land slide
No escape from re ality
>>
>>232756
I think if they used the word falsely a couple more times I might be convinced.
>>
>>232756
LMAO that cnn actually reports on 'its happening' threads
>>
>>232756
>cnn reached out to 4chan
4chan I've heard about, he's a hacker or something, but who is this cnn person?
>>
>>238432
>who is this cnn person?
not sure, must be pretty irrelevant
>>
>>232842
I wish they'd reached out with some hot pockets and tendies.
>>
>>232912
I hate that guy
>>
4chan thinks its patriotic. let there be brain..
>>
I feel like 25% of the people in the world should've heard about 4chan at one point now. It doesn't feel as taboo to speak about, compared to back when it used to be talked on random internet forums.
>>
>>238432
>4chan I've heard about, he's a hacker or something, but who is this cnn person?

LOL
You made my day!
>>
>>232756
this is a pretty common turn of phrase that media outlets use that usually translates to "we sent an email to whatever email is listed on their site"

for instance, if there was some bombshell about best buy, it's pretty common for some outlets to say "we reached out to best buy and they declined to comment on the issue." that's not an indication that they think best buy is a single person, it's just how they phrase things.
>>
>>238919
This is a bad thing
>>
>>232775
/pol/ has truly taken up /b/'s mantle.
>>
>>232756
>at one point in time, CNN was a respectable news outlet
>now /pol/tards and /v/irgins routinely run rings around them
SAD!
>>
>>232823
Psst 4chan was secretly founded and IS operated by the CIA. How else will they b able to keep everyone in line and shut down anyone who wakes up ?
Always one step ahead
>>
>CNN
F
>>
>>232756
This isn't even the first time CNN thought that 4chan was a real person. If this board allowed image replies I'd post that pic of Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force with his palm over his face.
>>
>>232756
Amazing how Sam Hyde can continue to hide behind this 4chan pseudonym without getting caught.
>>
My name is Legion
We are Legion
>>
>>232867
The Disclamer just says 4chan is not responsible for the contents....
they should learn to read
>>
>>233073
>"uhh, its not me, i didnt do it, why dont you go make a thread and ask for yourself?"
sounds not so bad to me
>>
>>239192
This is like if they reached out to the Best Buy corporation for comment because someone in the news sent a controversial email from one of the laptops in a Best Buy store. The CNN journalist might have been desperate for "filler" to flesh out the article. Plus as this whole thread has speculated, CNN reporters are likely quite ignorant when it comes to 4chan.
>>
>>240685
>This is like if they reached out to the Best Buy corporation for comment because someone in the news sent a controversial email from one of the laptops in a Best Buy store.

Not at all. It's more like if someone set all the laptops and TVs in a Best Buy to run loops of guro and Shadman. It doesn't mean someone employed by Best Buy did it, but they are using the Best Buy as a platform, and the company/specific branch will be asked for a response out of basic journalism. See >>233486

Also, you have to be braindead to think that any news organization in the Year of Our Lord 2000+18 doesn't understand the basics of "this website hosts comments from users," or know what 4chan is. 4chan has been making national news for longer than you have been alive, it's not a super seekrit club.
>>
>>240717
>Not at all. It's more like if someone set all the laptops and TVs in a Best Buy to run loops of guro and Shadman
How does that make any difference from the post you greentexted? It's like the exact same analogy.

>you have to be braindead to think that any news organization in the Year of Our Lord 2000+18 doesn't understand the basics of "this website hosts comments from users
Well you're a fucking retard for acting like that shows them to have any actual knowledge about 4chan.
They don't even mention that 4chan is an anonymous site.
>>
>>240685
>It's like the exact same analogy.
Sending an email from one of the laptops in a Best Buy store is no different from sending an email from anywhere else in the world. There isn't a recipient in the world other than Google and maybe the NSA who could figure out that you sent it from a Best Buy as opposed to the bathroom in your home. The action is inherently divorced from the Best Buy and has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>240740
>Sending an email from one of the laptops in a Best Buy store is no different from sending an email from anywhere else in the world

>The action is inherently divorced from the Best Buy and has nothing to do with it.

Bingo. Exactly the point.
Now let's contact Best Buy for comment.
>>
>>240759
Comments posted on 4chan are relevant to 4chan because 4chan is a site that exists for the posting of comments.

If something newsworthy happened (let's assume this was newsworthy) that related to Best Buy's core service, such as the sale of consumer goods, it would be normal to contact Best Buy.
>>
>>240760
>Comments posted on 4chan are relevant to 4chan because 4chan is a site that exists for the posting of comments.
I'll have to contact my internet provider to request a comment on this
>>
>>240761
This is your internet service provider. If you'll carefully read the Terms of Service (ToS) provided to you, you will note that it is a violation of the ToS to use your internet service post hateful or objectionable material. Your service has been terminated.
>>
>>240760
>Comments posted on 4chan are relevant to 4chan because 4chan is a site that exists for the posting of comments.
>doing A on B is C to B because B is a D which exists for A
what the fuck did I just read?
>>
News sites seem to be behind the ball on channel culture

The economist magazine claims that 8 Chan is the birthplace of the national Bolshevik movement lately...
>>
>>242778
quote please
>>
>>232756
>claims its geotag is a city in Russia
>what is a proxy
>what is spoofing
Glad these people are the ones providing us with """news"""
>>
>>232756
CNN just wants something new to demonize.
>>
>>242783
Not him but I'm fairly sure this is the article he's referring to.
>took 30secs on Google to find this
https://www.economist.com/news/europe/21739668-having-learned-identity-politics-left-right-wingers-are-shaping

page took 0.0277 seconds to execute